University of L'Aquila
(Click here) to get News|
Department of Information Engineering Computer Science and Mathematics
Academic Year 2022/2023
Social Networks (3 CREDITS).
Link to the Computer Science Degree official website (click here).
The course Autonomous Networks (6 CFU) is divided into: Non Cooperative Networks (3 CFU. By Prof. Proietti) and Social Networks (3 CFU).
The course investigates how the social, technological, and natural worlds are connected, and how the study of graphs and game theory sheds light on these connections. On successful completion of this module, the student will learn to use graphs and game theory to explain and analyze the structure of social networks.
Topics of the module include:
- Strong and weak ties in social networks;
- Surrounding contexts in social networks;
- Positive and negative relationships in social networks;
- Bargaining and power in social networks;
- Cascading behavior in social networks;
- Hedonic games: additively separable hedonic games and fractional hedonic games.
First semester (September 26, 2022 - January 13, 2023).