University of L'Aquila
(Click here) to get News|
Department of Information Engineering Computer Science and Mathematics
Academic Year 2022/2023
Web Algorithms (6 CREDITS).
Link to the Computer Science Degree official website (click here).
The course Distributed Systems and Web Algorithms (12 CFU) is divided into: Distributed Systems (6 CFU. By Prof. Proietti) and Web Algorithms (6 CFU).
The goal of this course is to provide students knowledge of advanced algorithmic techniques; ability to identify, formalize and solve optimization problems; concept of approximation;
knowledge of the web search and sponsored web search strategies in search engines.
- Review of computational complexity and intractability. Optimization problems. Approximation algorithms.
- Algorithmic techniques: greedy. local search, dynamic programming and linear programming.
- Polynomial Time Approximation Schemes (PTAS).
- Prestige and centrality indices in social networks.
- Web search: Pagerank, Topical Pagerank, TrustRank, Hubs and Authorities.
- Sponsored web search: matching markets and market clearing prices, auctions, mechanisms.
First semester (September 26, 2022 - January 13, 2023).